Thursday 11 August 2011

Come on, VOGUE

Kate Moss looked absolutely timeless on the cover of the August 2011 Vogue
I wanted to try to recreate the look without buying products that would give me the look instantly such as a red glossy lipstick/lipgloss or a creamy eyeshadow.
For the eyes I used one eyeshadow colour in a coffee beige colour, I simply applied more of this colour where I wanted the shadow to be stronger. I then patted on some clear lip balm over the top to give it a glossy effect. For the skin and cheeks I applied a fairly low coverage foundation but matified the skin using a translucent powder and added a tiny bit of bronzer and some of my bourjois 'rose' blush to get the 'english rose' style look. The lips were created using my MUA £1 red lipstick (bargain!) with an unhealthy amount of glossy lipbalm (from the hello kitty range at h&m - in pear flavour NOM!) to give it that glossy look.
I wanted to show you can mimic these high fashion, glamorous looks without going out to buy new products. It's all about looking at your makeup in a different way.
Hope you like the final look and it inspires you to try things out with your makeup :)











Meow

xXx

1 comment: